Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Letter

           




HELLO MY FELLOW READERS ; ),
Today I will be portraying a Confederate soldier that will be sending a letter to my kids and wife.



To Mary, Little Tommy, and Cal

            Hello wife and kids, it has been a long time since I last sent a letter to you. Times are rough here, with little to gain for myself. I am worried here. The nights are cold, and the day is as hot as ever. Today I got permission from the captain of mine and went to town for a bit. It's hard work, here fighting for my country. I learned from the beginning that I am not doing this for myself, but rather more for the place where I'm from. I am here fighting more for my ideals, not because I had been drafted. Today when we got tired we settled down and set up a shelter for an overnight shelter. We don't get fed much, but enough to get around. Most of my friends that I made have died on the battle fields. Some others have also died from disease and wound infection. 


From,  
              Eli

1 comment:

  1. this was truly heartwarming. keep it up. who knows, maybe you could be the next jk rowling

    ReplyDelete